[WIP] SquareHeroes

SquareHeroes is a Sponge mod that allows creating custom heroes by creating custom abilities and stats.

History

Originaly this mod was created for my server, since it has not found big popularity on i decided to make it open-source, but since heroes balance and abilities was created by my friend, heroes won’t be included in public version, but abilities(see below) will be included.

Description

This mod (technicaly it is whole minigame) allows you construct your own heroes by creating kit with special items that has affixes (diablo, yep).
But what affix is? Affix is “ability of the item”, it can give some things to its owner, for example:

• Increase/decrease owner health
  • Increase/decrease owner speed
  • Give nigthvision while hat is weared
  • Ability to detect invisible creatures and other things
  • Ability to cast fireball
  • And more things that you can ever imagine

How affixes is defined? Affix is java class, so you need to understand java (or any other JVM language) to create affix, so this mod is like API, i’m trying to make its core more stable as i can, and provide as much abstraction as i can. At first sight it looks strange, a mod that forces you create one more mod for its work, but if i will implement any high level abstraction this mod will loose that level of freedom that java gives.

Features

• Custom affixes
  • Custom damage system (magic, physical, pure)
  • Custom areas with custom handlers (like affixes, it affect on players inside defined area, for example it can give money, restore health, feed, etc.)
  • Custom stats panel :slight_smile:
  • Simple player statistic tracking [WIP]
  • Custom effects [WIP], like buffs/debuffs
  • Planning to make party/clan system [WIP]
  • And something more

Installation

Currently there is no way to simple install it on your own server. This plugin originaly was developed for inner usage so easy installation was not planned, now it must be configured with mongodb to work, i’ll try to make simple installation as soon as i can.

Source code

4 Likes